Hiroshima's Peace Memorial

not licensable
García, Yael
009
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
017
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
016
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
015
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
014
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
013
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
012
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
011
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
010
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
018
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
008
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
007
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
006
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
005
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
004
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
003
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
002
add to collection
not licensable
García, Yael
001
add to collection

Hiroshima, Japan.

April 3, 2014.

The building that used to be the It used to be the Hiroshima Prefectural Industrial Promotion Hall. It is now known as the Genbaku Dome (Atomic Bomb Dome). It is the only building left standing near the hypocenter of the explosion of the atomic bomb on August 6, 1945.

After the city reconstruction works started, it was decided that the building should remain in its current form. Afterwards, in 1955, the park around it was inaugurated. Every year, this area is the background for the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Ceremony on august 6th.